Ocean Signal SafeSea S100 SART - Radar Transponder - Non_HAZMAT
Ocean Signal SafeSea S100 SART Radar Transponder - Non_HAZMAT
Product # 71-S-00607
The Ocean Signal SafeSea S100 Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is a dedicated radar transponder which complies with IMO SOLAS regulations.
- Superb battery operating life, even at low temperatures
- Provides 12 hours of operating use even after 96 hours in standby
- User replaceable battery
- Non Hazardous battery for shipping purposes
- Five year replacement interval
- Compact size for easy life raft packing to put within a life raft canister
- Intuitive operating controls - identical to operation of the SafeSea EPIRB - reducing stress in time of emergency
- Supplied complete with telescopic pole and easy to release storage bracket
- One SART required per IMO SOLAS vessel (300tonnes and above on international voyages) except - One SART per every four liferafts on ro-ro passenger vessels
- Nationally mandated vessels, including fishing vessels, passenger craft, commercial workboats, etc
- Most Super and Mega yachts are required to carry a SART, especially if covered by the MCA code of practice, which is recognised by many countries.
- Voluntary fit vessels will also benefit by carrying a SART
The SeaSafe S100 SART is designed to assist in the rescue and recovery of liferafts and survival craft. When switched on, the SART remains in a standby mode until automatically activated by an X Band Radar sweep from any vessel in the vicinity. The SafeSea S100 transmits a series of pulses which are displayed on the ships Radar as a line of dots, providing a bearing to the survival craft.
The activation controls are identical to those on the SafeSea E100 EPIRB, making use by unskilled operators much easier.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including BISPHENOL A (BPA) which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
If you have any questions concerning this product, please don't hesitate to contact us.