- Emergency Signaling
- Lasers, Strobes & LED Flares
- North American Survival Systems EF-20A-1 LED Electronic Flare
North American Survival Systems EF-20A-1 LED Electronic Flare
EF-20A-1 Lightning, LED Electronic Flare
Model # EF-20A-1
By North American Survival Systems
Be Seen - Be Saved!
When someone is looking for you. It is what they SEE that counts.
Continuing the legacy of the acclaimed EF-10A-1 LED Electronic Flare, the new EF-20A-1 Lightening is the latest from North American Survival Systems.
The new EF-20A-1 "LIGHTNING" LED Electronic Flare is a high intensity LED Strobe specifically designed for one purpose and with one function - push the button on the base - to be seen and be saved. It operates at full power for 12 hours with an effective signal up to 35 hours. It has bee independently tested and recommended by Practical Sailor magazine as the brightest Man Overboard signal product. The brightest signal product means you can be seen better! Why would anyone want a weaker light or dimming functions?
"When the spray settled after all our testing, the EF-20A-1 Lightning Electronic Flare from North American Survival Systems had out-shone its competitors and garnered top meter readings, the brightest light signature at 100 yards, and most noticeable light at .62 nautical miles. This is our recommended light for manual activation." Practical Sailor magazine, (Feb, 2016)
Compact and convenient to carry inside your vest or in your pocket. You are more likely to have it with you when incidents happen, to, from, or on the water. A vital piece of safety gear for boaters, kayakers, and all outdoor enthusiast. As a courtesy, we tell you ahead of time that it is a much brighter light than expected.
Orange and easy to find. Full hemisphere LED Strobe, Over 10 mile range in all directions.
To read the "Offshore Safety" article "Non-Pyrotechnic Signaling Lights" from the 2014 issue of Ocean Voyager magazine click here
Voice communication is only half the story, you must still be seen to be saved.
EF-20A-1 Lightning Specifications:
- Length: 4.8 In. X 1.215 Diameter.
- Weight: 4.2 OZ with batteries.
- Housing: Anodized Aircraft Aluminum.
- Switch: Push button on bottom ON/OFF.
- Lens Cover: Polycarbonate.
- Battery: 2 CR-123 Lithium (included).
EF-20A-1 Lightning Features & Operation:
- Water Test: 50 ft.
- Operation: Over 35 Hrs.
- Flash rate: 60/minute nominal.
- Viewing Angle: Full upper hemisphere.
- Luminous Intensity: 200CD.
- Tested Night Visibility: Over 10 Nautical Miles.
- Tested Day Visibility: Over 1 Nautical Mile
- Light Source: 4 LED With Side Emitter.
- Meets and Exceeds USCG Approval standards
- Patents: 8,220,950, 8,646,938
If you have any questions concerning this product, please don't hesitate to contact us.