Mustang Auto Inflatable Work Vest, Type V PFD - orange
Mustang MD3188 Inflatable Work Vest - Hydrostatic Inflatable PFD
model: MD3188 (orange)
by Mustang Survival Corp.
Best of Boats & Gear 2010
"more comfortable and easier to clean....
....designed for commercial fishermen"
National Fisherman magazine, January, 2011
The Mustang MD3188 Inflatable Work Vest offers unsurpassed comfort in a Type V approved Work Vest.
Available exclusively from Mustang Survival, the MD3188 Inflatable Work Vest is the first of its kind. Designed by Mustang's Innovation & Technology experts and built for serious users with exclusive technology, Mustang Survival has pioneered the standards for inflatable work vests.
With a comfortable and low-profile fit, the Mustang Survival Inflatable Work Vest offers enhanced mobility and reduced heat stress, allowing crews and professionals to work more efficiently throughout the day. Its 35lb buoyancy rating also means they'll have the added safety of extra flotation when they need it.
Made for the most severe marine environments, the Mustang Survival Inflatable Work Vest contains Hydrostatic Inflator Technology that offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of whater, and not inadvertently due to rain, spray, or humidity. This technology is exclusive to Mustang Survival in North America and maintenance-free for 5 years or until inflated. The product also features the patented SecureZip closure system to ensure the Vest will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity and still open effortlessly upon inflation.
Ideal for constant wear situations, hot, humid conditions and high-mobility requirements.
Hydrostatic Technology Offers Reliable Inflation.
The Hammer 1F Auto Hydrostatic Auto Inflator will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not prematurely due to rain, spray or humidity.
No inflator maintenance is require for 5 years unless the PFD has been inflated. You can easily view the inflator status and replacement date through the safety inspection window. Green
indicates ready for use.
Designed For Serious Users.
Made for the most demanding users and the most severe marine environments the Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable PFD is constructed with durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon. It will meet the challenges of even the most demanding users. It also features the patented SecureZip closure system. The PFD will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity. It effortlessly opens upon inflation and is easy to repack.
Comfortable To Wear.
Designed to be lightweight and comfortable the Inflatable Work Vest can be worn over a T-shirt or jacket. It is low profile and allows for the maximum amount of mobility, with the neck cushion of coated neoprene for improved comfort.
The Mustang MD3188 Inflatable Work Vest is USCG approved as a Type V PFD for commercial use.
Size: universal adult ( 30"-52" chest ) adjustable
Age: over 16 years & greater than 80 lbs.
Approval: USCG - Type V Commercial ( must be worn to count in the vessel's PFD inventory )
- Hammar 1F auto hydrostatic inflator technology protects against inadvertent inflation
- 5-year maintenance free inflator with status indicator window
- Provides 35 lb of buoyancy when inflated ( twice the flotation of foam work vests )
- Durable polyurethane coated nylon shell offers improved puncture and abrasive resistance
- Custom-molded inflator cover reduces wear and protects inflator cap
- SecureZip closure features recessed zipper to protect teeth from oil, grease, and other contaminants
- CO2 cylinder is contained inside cell to protect against corrosion
- Retro-reflective SOLAS Tape on front & back outer shell
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and additional SOLAS reflective tape visible when inflated
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Coated neoprene neck cushion for improved comfort
- Offers greater mobility than foam work vests
- Reduced heat stress
- Includes back-up oral inflation tube
- Customizable back-flap for crew or agency identification ( contact OceanMedix for details )
- Easy-to-clean fabrics
- D-ring for kill-switch attachment
- Universal Adult [16 yrs + /80 lb +] with chest size 30"-52"
Use only Mustang Hydrostatic Inflator Re-arm Kit ( model # MA 7214 ). Use of other re-arm kits may result in improper operation or failure to operate and will void the product's warranty.
Shipping Note: HAZMAT - This product ships via Ground Service only.
If you have any questions concerning this product, please don't hesitate to contact us.