McMurdo S4 SART - Radar Transponder
McMurdo S4 SART
Search and Rescue Transponder, model # 86-300-001A
by Revere Survival Products
The McMurdo S4 SART ( Search and Rescue Transponder ) is a 9GHz receiver/transmitter. On receiving a pulse from any standard 9 GHz X-band radar, the SART immediately transmits a signal which clearly indicates the survival craft on the radar screen by means of a series of 12 in-line dots. Once activated, the SART will remain in standby mode for over 96 hours.
The S4 SART is fully approved and has been designed for assisting in air/sea rescue operations in accordance with IMO, GMDSS requirements.
Designed to meet the toughest of marine environments, it has been proven in use worldwide. The McMurdo S4 SART is approved by various maritime nation around the world -- including EU MED (Ship's Wheel), USA FCC, Canada, and Singapore.
McMurdo has broken new ground in developing technically advanced marine safety electronics. From EPIRBs to PLBs to Man-overboard Systems to SARTs to VHF Radios -- all McMurdo electronics are designed to meet the needs of safety conscious leisure and commercial ship operators, as well as aviators and all types of mariners and are designed to withstand the roughest of environments.
Manufactured in the UK
- USCG & FCC approved
- Approved to IEC 1097-1
- Lloyd's Register ( Ship's Wheel )
- Small and lightweight
- Ship or survival craft applications
- 5 year long life replaceable battery pack
( must be replaced at a McMurdo Authorized Battery Replacement Center )
- Maintenance free
- Audio/visual alarm
- Built-in test facility
- Mounting options - internal/external
- Receiver Response: 9.2 - 9.5 GHz, sensitivity better than - 50dBm
- Transmitter Response: 12 forward and return sweeps through the range 9.2 - 9.5GHz. Nominal sweep times 7.5us forward and 0.4us return. Minimum recovery time following excitation, less than 10us . Response reply receiver signal less than 0.5 us.
- Radiated Power: Not less than 400mW (+26dBm)
- Duration of Operation: 96 hours in standby condition followed by a minimum 8 hours of transmission while being continuously interrogated with a pulse repetition frequency of 1 kHz.
- Temperature Range: -4øF to + 131øF operational -22øF to + 149øF storage
- Antenna Characteristics: Vertical beam-width at least +/- 12.5 degree relative to the horizontal plane of the radar transponder to +/- 2dB. Azimuthal beam-width omni-directional to +/- 2dB.
- Effective Antenna Height: 3'3" or greater .
- Weight: 33.25 oz without Bracket
- Dimensions: 11.8" long x 2.44" diameter
Due to the Lithium Battery this product must be shipped via Ground ONLY.
NOTE: Due to restrictions imposed by the manufacturer, Emergency Electronic Products may not be returned for a refund once the box has been opened.
If you have any questions concerning this product, please don't hesitate to contact us.